ABA & VB --> Teaching Materials
Materials for Autism Teaching Programs: ABA, VB and more
Wondering where to find instructional materials to teach your child or student with an autism spectrum or social communication disorder?
Here is AutismWeb's directory of companies that have teaching materials used in autism educational programs such as Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), Applied Verbal Behavior (VB), TEACCH, Relationship Development Intervention, social skills programs and others.
For workbooks, flash cards, videos, social skills lessons, rewards and reinforcers, communication and speech therapy supplies, and educational toys and games:
- Model Me Kids: videos that teach social skills to children and teens with autism, plus teaching manuals and student workbooks. For ages 2-8: Model Me Faces & Emotions, Going Places. Ages 5-12: Time for School. Ages 9-17: Confidence and Bullying Prevention.
- Natural Learning Concepts: conversation starters, social stories, flash cards and materials designed for students with autism.
- Stages Learning sells Language Builder and other products for use by teachers, therapists, and parents.
- Songs About Us: A CD designed to teach social skills to children and teens with autism, through contemporary music.
- National Autism Resources: educational products, sensory and occupational therapy products, toys and visual supports for autism and Asperger's.
- Super Duper Publications speech therapy supplies
- Autism Supplies and Developments: picture symbols for daily schedules, feelings board, and weekly planners.
- Do2Learn: picture cards, math grids, coloring pages and art projects.
- Picture flash cards at Amazon.com
- Different Roads to Learning
- Autism Learn
- Visual Reading Apps for Autism
Free activities, data sheets, downloads or advice online:
- Free downloadable, printable materials from Educate Autism
- Dream English: downloadable songs help children learn language.
- Jacob's Lessons: ABA-based computer activities.
- Hiyah software downloads
- Center on Technology and Disability's Library has information on getting assistive and instructional technology for your child.
- National Lekotek Center: has a downloadable guide to toys for children with special needs.